Have you ever taken the time to inspect your bathroom to see all the hair lingering around? Truly you will find from trimming, shaving, and even naturally falling hair. As a matter of fact, it has been proven that a majority of bathroom clogs are caused by hair. They get into drains and collect over time, resulting in clogging. However, there are a few things you can do to prevent this issue, which are:
Invest In Drain Covers
Drain covers play a huge role, and they help eliminate clogging from larger particles and even hair. As such, you should consider installing:
• Top Drain Screen – It is a simple and yet effective tool that helps in preventing clogs.
• Underneath Drain Screen – You should also consider investing on screens that are placed beneath the drain cover.
Keep hair Away From Shower And Sinks
With this method, you have to be vigilant. This method applies the principles of; prevention is better than cure. For this method to be effective, consider:
• Brushing Hair – Before you head into the shower, first take a minute to brush your hair. This technique will help you remove loose or detached hair from your head.
• Keep An Eye Out – When taking a shower, always keep an eye out for any loose hair. Once you notice any, pile them away from the drain so that you can throw them once you finish showering.
• Running Water While Shaving – A majority of men shave, and they do it over a bathroom sink. Even though the hairs are small, over time, they can build up to clog your system. As such, to prevent this issue, consider letting the water run while shaving or after you are through shaving (for about 1 minute). This technique will ensure all hair has cleared your piping system completely.
How To Clear Out Hair Clogs
• Homemade Drainage Rinse – At least once a month, consider pouring one cup of baking soda directly into your drains and then pour one cup of vinegar. It will immediately begin to bubble; this is normal, do not be alarmed. Allow the solution to do its work for about 10 minutes before powering boiling water directly into the opening of the drain.
• Using Hands – This method can only work if you have installed drain screens.
• Call Alto Sewer – There are some situations where you will need help from a professional technician who is equipped with proper tools and equipment.
Hair is lovely and attractive. But it is not when it is clogging up your sewer systems. Follow the steps above, and you will be fine.